Is your house haunted?
We’ve all been there when we have been in a house alone and we start to hear strange noises. Or maybe we’ve been woken up by the feeling that you are being watched. Fear not From The Other Side has come up with a top 10, to know what you need to look out for if you think you live in an haunted house.
10. Strange animal behaviour – Let’s face it. It has been said that animals are more sensitive to the spirit side than we are. Watch out for any funny or odd behaviour in your pets. Some might not want to go in certain rooms or maybe stare at something but there is nothing there.
9. Temperature change – That feeling when the hair stands up on the back of your neck for no apparent reason. Most temperature changes “cold or warm” spots need to be at least 2 degrees difference to know that it is not usual. Maybe carry an infrared thermometer around for a few days to record the outcome. Remember there will be a big change if pointing at windows, fires, radiators which are on Etc.
8. Strange smells – Maybe you start smelling different smells which you don’t normally smell. Cigar smoke and flowers are the most common smells a spirit may bring with them.
7. Heaviness in the air – Most people when going into a haunted location can feel the difference in the air. Sometimes it can feel very heavy and make people feel uneasy. You can easily get rid of this feeling by having a room cleansed.
6. Unexplained noises – you may hear footsteps, banging or even someone pottering around in the kitchen. But remember houses do have their own sounds and it is normally that time when you are by yourself you hear them.
5. The feeling that you are being watched – If you feel this try and note down which room is was in and the time.
4. Things moving around – Every time you come through your front door, you put your keys down in the exact same place. Now things are moving around maybe you search the entire house only to go back to the first place and your keys have reappeared. This is one way a spirit will get your attention.
3. Lights turning on and off – This is a fairly common part of a haunting. Not only lights, but they can affect TV’s, Radios and any other electric powered items.
2. Voices being heard – The most common noise is a cry and it is usually a woman or a child. If you do hear anything, try to be with someone else so it can be credited.
1. Actually seeing a ghost – like before hopefully you will be with someone else. Remember do not be frightened, most spirits/ghosts will not hurt you.